Thursday 22 September 2011

Google Sketchup

I've started working on some landmarks of Boulder, using Google Sketchup. It's a very easy to use program. After I've finished the rough models in Sketchup, I can export it as a file Blender can understand, so in Blender I can set up the UV maps and create collision, etc, and export it as a nif, ready for the game.

Here's one I've started:




It's the start of the Centre For Atmospheric Research in Boulder. Below you can see a picture of the real building:












Never fear hard-surface modelling again! Boulder has some very nice-looking architecture, so it should be a lot of fun and be visually appealing in the end. I hope I can do it justice.

No doubt DonKnotts will be able to create some awesome textures for the landmarks!






-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment